Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Gemini Nazareno, CIPE, has rejoined the firm as a vice president in its New York office. Nazareno, who has more than 25 years of experience in plumbing and fire suppression/protection engineering, is a member of the firm’s fast-growing MEP team. A Thornton Tomasetti alum, Nazareno was previously a senior associate and project manager in the Newark, N.J. office where he worked for five years.
• Nazareno will work on projects in the Eastern U.S. region, investigating and analyzing failed building systems and offering support to the Renewal practice through plumbing and suppression/protection system design and contract document preparation.
• He will pursue design opportunities resulting from the NYC Department of Buildings’ Local Law 26, which requires all buildings above 100 feet tall to have a sprinkler system installed by July 2019.
• Nazareno brings a wealth of expertise to the firm. His areas of specialization include the engineering and design of sanitary and storm drainage, domestic water, natural and medical gas, medical air and vacuum systems, hydraulic calculations, and fire standpipe, sprinkler and suppression gas systems.
• He is experienced in system design for new structures and retrofits of existing systems for a variety of buildings, such as pharmaceutical and laboratory facilities, commercial, educational, government and residential buildings, data centers, warehouses and industrial facilities.
• Nazareno is certified in plumbing engineering by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), of which he is also a member. Other professional memberships include the National Fire Protection Association, National Fire Sprinkler Association and Filipino-American Association of Engineers. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Santo Tomas in Manila, Philippines.
John T. Boyer, Sr., P.E., vice president, New York, Thornton Tomasetti
“We’re thrilled to welcome Gemini back to Thornton Tomasetti and to have him assist with our rapidly growing MEP practice. With the recovery efforts from Sandy, demand for MEP services is especially high right now. Gemini’s experience in plumbing and fire suppression/protection engineering and prior knowledge of how the firm operates will greatly benefit the expansion of our team and what we can offer to our clients.”
Gemini Nazareno, CIPE, vice president, New York, Thornton Tomasetti
“Thornton Tomasetti is forward-thinking and constantly developing new tools and processes to work more efficiently. The firm’s MEP team has shown tremendous growth in the past two years, and I’m interested in enhancing Thornton Tomasetti’s increased role in system failure investigations, where we examine what went wrong in order to design stronger, more efficient systems. I appreciate that the firm realizes the growth potential of MEP, which not only allows us to service our clients better, but provides opportunities for advancement for the firm’s employees.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: