Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Joseph G. Burns, S.E., P.E., CEng, RIBA, LEED AP, a managing principal in the firm’s Chicago, Ill. office, has been named an SEI Fellow by Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). He was recognized as such at the SEI annual Structures Congress in Boston, Mass. in April.
SEI Fellow membership recognizes a select group of distinguished SEI members as leaders and mentors in the structural engineering profession.
• Burns joined Thornton Tomasetti in 1995, and has more than 30 years of experience designing structures and investigating and renovating existing buildings.
• He specializes in the design of complex structural systems, including earthquake engineering and dynamic analysis for a variety of project types such as education, aviation, performing arts, retail, hotels and museums.
• Burns is also a peer reviewer for the General Services Administration’s Design Excellence and Construction Excellence programs.
• He is a licensed professional engineer in Arizona, California, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Washington and Wisconsin. Burns is also a licensed structural engineer in California and Illinois, a licensed architect in California, Illinois, Indiana and Massachusetts, and a chartered architect/engineer in the United Kingdom.
• A graduate of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind. with a bachelor’s degree in architecture, Burns also holds master’s degrees in architecture and civil engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: