Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Michael J. Squarzini, P.E., LEED AP, has been appointed to the firm’s board of directors. Squarzini, who joins 10 other members, was elected to a one-year term.
Squarzini, a managing principal based in the New York office, has been with Thornton Tomasetti since 1993 and is the firm’s East U.S. region leader. He also oversees the firm’s Moscow, Russia and São Paulo, Brazil offices.
• As a member of the board of directors, Squarzini will work with other members to guide the overall direction of the firm in matters such as strategic planning, targeting new practices and regions, and everyday business matters.
• Squarzini has more than 20 years of experience in the structural analysis, design and review of a variety of building types, including sports facilities, transportation, commercial, education and healthcare facilities.
• He is presently working on several high-profile new design and renovation projects including Hudson Yards, 7 Bryant Park and Brookfield Place in New York and the new Baku Olympic Stadium stadium in Azerbaijan.
• Squarzini is a past president of the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY), and currently serves on the board of the Salvadori Center, an organization that trains teachers to use the built environment to help students understand math and science concepts.
• He has taught at Princeton University, Cornell University and Manhattan College. In 2007, he received the American Council of Engineering Companies’ New Principal of the Year Award and was named to Building Design + Construction’s “40 under 40” list of rising professionals.
• Squarzini is a licensed professional engineer in New York and a LEED Accredited Professional. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Manhattan College and a master’s degree in structural engineering from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
Thomas Z. Scarangello, P.E., Chairman and CEO, Thornton Tomasetti
“On behalf of Thornton Tomasetti, we are pleased to announce Michael’s appointment to the firm’s board of directors. Michael’s years of experience, engineering excellence and business acumen make him an ideal candidate to serve on our board, and we look forward to his contributions as we continue to address the needs of our company and the clients we serve.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: