Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Richard J. Vivenzio, AIA, LEED AP has rejoined the firm as a senior vice president in the New York, Madison Avenue office. Vivenzio, who previously served as a vice president with the firm from 2011 to 2014, will be supporting the Property Loss Consulting and Forensics practices in the U.S. East Region.
• Vivenzio has nearly 35 years of experience in design, construction, project management and architectural forensics. He specializes in insurance investigations, construction litigation, ADA matters, and architectural standards of care. Working on behalf of insurance companies and attorneys, Vivenzio has served as an expert in matters involving complex construction disputes, construction means and methods, water infiltration, building envelope and construction failures.
• During his career, Vivenzio has led water intrusion investigations at such notable structures as Yankee Stadium and the National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City and the BNY Mellon Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He also participated in the design and implementation of flood mitigation strategies following CAT-90 Sandy.
• Most recently, he was a director with Navigant Consulting. Vivenzio also served as assistant director of architecture at Chester, Ploussas, Lisowsky Partnership LLC in Matawan, New Jersey.
• Vivenzio is a registered architect in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and a LEED Accredited Professional. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the New York Building Congress, South Jersey Claims Association and the New York Chapter of the Honorable Order of the Blue Goose, a fraternal organization for those working in the insurance related industries. Vivenzio is also an associate member of the American Bar Association.
• Vivenzio holds a bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering technology from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.
Richard Vivenzio, senior vice president, Thornton Tomasetti, New York
“I am pleased to be back at Thornton Tomasetti. In growing the Property Loss Consulting and Forensics practices in metro New York and across the East Coast, our focus will be on providing multidisciplinary support to our clients and project partners. I look forward to contributing my extensive knowledge and experience in the field of building forensics to that effort.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti is a leader in engineering design, investigation and analysis serving clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. Through its 10 complementary practices, Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure. We have supported clients working in more than 50 countries, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties. Thornton Tomasetti comprises more than 1,200 engineering, architecture, sustainability practitioners and support professionals who collaborate from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/ Lindsay Church/Alyson Grala
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: