Redefining beachfront living, The Ritz-Carlton Residences at Sunny Isles Beach is set upon a quiet barrier island between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal waterway and offers unparalleled water and city views. The luxurious residential property spans 2.2 acres of property and feature white sand beaches, lush landscaping, pools and private beach amenities.
We provided structural design services to Arquitectonica for the 54-story condominium building, which opened in 2019.
- Rising 649 feet into the air, the 800,000 square foot tower includes 212 residential units ranging from two to four bedrooms, and five penthouses with private terraces occupying the upper floors. A third-floor lobby sits atop two parking levels that accommodate 400 cars, while the first to fourth floors house amenities.
- The structure incorporates existing 130-foot long auger cast piles from a previously planned development into the foundation.
- The oceanfront tower is designed to withstand punishing hurricane winds while framing several high end outdoor terraces.
- Our team designed a system of reinforced concrete walls using a combination of conventional rebar and high-strength, large-diameter bars to control the size of columns and walls in the tower, leaving maximum living space in the units.
- The podium levels – with large and small pools, large-scale plantings and long cantilevers – posed additional engineering challenges. We designed a collection of concrete framed approaches to accommodate this unique program.