Emporis, Best New Skyscrapers of the Year, 2005
CIB New York, Award of Merit, 2004
An Award-winning Tower Complex
Home to Bloomberg L.P.’s headquarters, this award-winning mixed-use project consists of a 54-story office and luxury residential tower and a 10-story building, connected by a unique horseshoe-shaped seven-story atrium.
- The structure encompasses an entire city block in midtown Manhattan.
- With a limited footprint and a height of 815 feet, the tower features a slender lateral system, which is complemented by a tuned mass damper to reduce wind-induced accelerations at the upper levels.
- A unique system of outrigger, belt and transfer trusses transfer loads from the concrete flat plate structure of the residential levels to the steel frame of the underlying commercial levels.
- The glass and metal curtain-wall system features stainless steel finishes on the lower floors, with painted aluminum finishes on the upper floors.
- The distinctive horseshoe-shaped atrium, also a stainless steel and glass, serves as an entrance for both the commercial and residential components of the tower.