OwnerPort of Cincinnati Development Authority
SustainabilityLEED Gold (Core and Shell)
Number of Stories33
IDEAS2 Merit Award, 2012
Emporis Skyscraper Award, 4th place, 2011
A Crown for the Queen City’s Skyline
A crowing tiara of sweeping structural steel. That’s the peak of the greenest and tallest tower, at 665 feet, in Cincinnati, home of the Great American Insurance Company.
- The 41-story high-rise contains a 2,250-car parking garage on 11 levels; 33 floors of office space, and a public promenade with 25,000 square feet of retail space.
- The building’s core and exterior have been built using environmentally friendly and efficient practices, earning it LEED Gold (Core and Shell).
- Office floors are column-free, affording tenants flexibility for future office reconfigurations, and floor-to-ceiling windows provide generous daylighting.
- Aligned floors connect Great American Tower to 303 Broadway at Queen City Square, a mid-rise structure for which we also served as structural designer.
- We served as specialty engineer to the steel contractor for the skyscraper’s 130-foot-tall tiara, providing integrated modeling services, including a fully developed Tekla model, connection design and shop drawings.