Meeting Sustainability Targets with Effective Façade Design
As the third project in Shard Quarter redevelopment, Shard Place is a 26-storey residential building built above a two-story public realm and retail space. The tower offers 176 apartment units, a private roof garden on the 16th floor and is designed to meet Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and BREEAM Excellent rating
We provided façade engineering services to Renzo Piano Building Workshop for the building.
- The façade scheme continues the double skin design that were used on the neighboring developments.
- We developed various single and double skin configuration to achieve the demanding sustainability targets.
- For optimal occupant comfort, openable windows and doors were selected for natural ventilation.
- The external façade provides solar shading and enhanced protection from wind loads.
- The façade systems comprise aluminum frames while openable elements are high quality timber to complement the luxurious interior finishes.