Our Revit plug-in is revolutionizing the way engineers track and manage embodied carbon in their structural projects. (Plus, it’s free and open-source!)
Robert Otani Senior Principal & Chief Technology Officer New York +1.917.661.7818 /
Kenny Tam Applications Engineer New York 917.661.7952 /
Duncan Cox Associate Director London +44.020.3992.9535 /
Amy Hattan Corporate Responsibility Officer Portland, ME +22.214.171.12472 /
More than 40 percent of all CO2 emissions come from buildings, and a building's structure and envelope account for over half its embodied-carbon footprint. So the choices you make in structural design have global impacts. Beacon, our innovative, easy-to-use embodied-carbon measurement tool, helps you make informed design decisions that result in more sustainable and efficient structures.
- Beacon gives you quick, high-level feedback and clear visualizations of a project’s embodied-carbon quantities, identifying exactly where embodied carbon can be minimized.
- Beacon categorizes its calculations by material type, building element and floor level.
- Beacon rates each model’s embodied-carbon levels against the Carbon Leadership Forum’s (CLF) Embodied Carbon Benchmark Study results.
- Beacon applies the most up-to-date embodied-carbon coefficients and best practices established by the CLF.
- Beacon is invaluable in measuring progress toward the CLF Structural Engineers 2050 Challenge’s goal of a zero-carbon built environment by 2050.
- Beacon lets you share data across employees, offices and organizations.
- Beacon is free to download and use.
Beacon was developed by our CORE studio. Download it now and make embodied carbon an integral part of your design process.