We are experts in nonlinear dynamic structural analysis, three-dimensional computational fluid dynamics (CFD), fire and thermal effects, structural acoustics, sonar, development of advanced analysis techniques and assessment of structures under blast loads. Much of our R&D work involves writing and maintaining computational software and development of fast-running tools for modeling blast, shock and impact loadings. Our clients – including the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the U.S. Air Force and the Department of Homeland Security, among others – can use these tools to analyze military and civilian structures subjected to terrorist and conventional weapons loadings both in air and underwater.
Our unique experience also includes:
- UNDEX (underwater explosion) survivability, lethality and engineering support
- Airblast survivability, lethality and engineering support
- Shock testing: airgun, pond and deep-sea
- Ship impact, collisions and grounding
- Fleet sustainment applications and repair
- Uncertainty quantification and reliability