Historic structures present unique challenges since they often do not meet contemporary performance standards. Archaic materials and systems are susceptible to inappropriate repairs and modifications, and deferred maintenance.
Here’s how we make sure your historical preservation projects are a success:
- We combine specialized knowledge of archaic structural systems and historic façade materials with the latest in structural analysis and computer modeling capabilities.
- We investigate root causes and design effective and sensitive repairs, seeking out the most appropriate and cost effective solutions for each project.
- We strive to minimize impact to the historic fabric by applying nondestructive evaluation techniques, minimally invasive methods and remote monitoring.
- We engineer temporary protection and stabilization for vulnerable structures.
- We help guide projects through the sometimes-confusing process of navigating local, state and federal historic preservation approvals and reviews.